Before you proceed to book your survey, it is recommended that you read the following information. This will ensure that you are fully aware of which survey will best suit your needs.
Please note that instructions can only be undertaken following your acceptance of these terms of engagement, which form part of any contract between us. If you remain unsure as to which survey you require, please contact us for further advice.
We confirm that:
- The survey will be carried out by an associate RICS-qualified (FRICS or MRICS) surveyor who has sufficient knowledge and competence to carry out an assessment of the condition of the property.
- Once you have accepted our fee quotation, you will be contacted by Jenner Jones Chartered Surveyors to confirm the instruction and set up the arrangements for inspection and payment of our fee.
- We will inform you if we are aware of any material interest in this property or any conflict of interest which would compromise the survey.
- The quoted fee will need to be revised, or the instruction cancelled, if
1. It is found on arrival that the property differs substantially from the description given to us
2. It is outside the surveyor’s experience
3. It would be in your best interests to commission a different RICS survey
- If the instruction has to be cancelled, any money you have paid for the service will be refunded.
- If you cancel the instruction at any time before the day of inspection, we will refund any money you may have paid for the service, except for reasonable expenses.
- Before the inspection is carried out, we will contact you with regard to any specific concerns you may have about the property which we will seek to address in the report. We will also explain the extent and/or limitations of the inspection and report.
- We will issue a fee invoice (at the agreed rate) with our confirmation of instruction. Settlement of the invoice will be required before our report can be issued
- We provide the report for your use and we cannot accept responsibility if it is used, or relied upon, by anyone else.
- We have a RICS-compliant complaints handling procedure and will provide a copy if required.